We had a great Sunday yesterday, praising God for the start of a new Sunday School year. We also gave back to our community by collecting donations for God’s Work, Our Hands Sunday. If you feel so led, donations will continue to be received through this next Sunday, September 19 to a local youth non-profit, “Aspire for Greatness” out of Good Shepherd Lutheran in Fremont, NE:
• Sports Equipment – basketballs, jump ropes, hula hoops, soccer balls, soccer net made out of PVC pipe
• Technology – an ipad and stand to operate the Marathon Kids program, at least 6 laptops for online
• School supplies – notebooks, pencils, erasers, pens, rulers, graph paper
• Art supplies – Crayola no drip paint brush pens, colored pencils, color and glitter gel pens, printer paper,
scissors, glue, tape
• General supplies – ball bag for the sports equipment (we will have to remove everything every Friday),
storage containers for supplies
• Games – board games, card games
• Sponsor a child for the year – $75 (we ask a nominal fee of each participant if they are able to contribute. This amount helps defray the costs of running the program. This fee is not required however to insure that every youth who wants to participate in our program is able to. Your donation of $75 can cover that fee for one student.)
Join us for Sunday School on Sunday at 9:30am!
–> K-5 in Christian Education Wing
–> Middle & High School in the lower level with Erin Miller
We also blessed backpacks & installed our Sunday School teachers. Thank you for your care and leadership in Salem’s Sunday School ministry!